The Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 is an advanced ready-to-fly Wi-Fi controlled quadricopter.
This quadcopter drone is suitable for flying indoors or outside – it is supplied with an indoor hull for added protection.
You can steer the Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 by tilting a Smartphone or Tablet (eg Ipad) backwards or forwards, left or right and autopilot to take off, hover and land.
Parrot AR.Drone 2.0
You can also get high definition live streaming directly to your Smartphone or Tablet screen, plus a recording facility and precision control. The drone Includes a high capacity lightweight lithium polymer battery for up to 15 minute flights, plus a mains charger with international adaptors.
To control the AR.Drone 2.0 you will require a compatible Smartphone or Tablet for operation (not included).
See the Parrot website for current compatibility.
HD VIDEO RECORDING
Get high definition live video streaming to your smartphone or tablet as you are flying. See a clean, sharp image just as if you were in the pilot seat.
- HD Camera. 720p 30fps
- Wide angle lens : 92° diagonal
- H264 encoding base profile
- Low latency streaming
- Video storage on the fly with the remote device
- JPEG photo
- Video storage on the fly with Wi-Fi directly on your remote device or on a USB key
AR.Drone 2.0 on-board technology gives you extreme precision control and automatic stabilization features.
- 1GHz 32 bit ARM Cortex A8 processor with 800MHz video DSP TMS320DMC64x
- Linux 2.6.32
- 1Gbit DDR2 RAM at 200MHz
- USB 2.0 high speed for extensions
- Wi-Fi b,g,n
- 3 axis gyroscope 2000°/second precision
- 3 axis accelerometer +-50mg precision
- 3 axis magnetometer 6° precision
- Pressure sensor +/- 10 Pa precision
- Ultrasound sensors for ground altitude measurement
- 60 fps vertical QVGA camera for ground speed measurement
Fly high. Fly fast. Far away from the ground.
- 4 brushless inrunner motors. 14.5W 28,500 RMP
- Micro ball bearing
- Low noise Nylatron gears for 1/8.75 propeller reductor
- Tempered steel propeller shaft
- Self-lubrificating bronze bearing
- Specific high propelled drag for great maneuverability
- 8 MIPS AVR CPU per motor controller
- 3 elements 1000 mA/H LiPo rechargeable battery (Autonomy: 12 minutes)
- Emergency stop controlled by software
- Fully reprogrammable motor controller
- Water resistant motor’s electronic controller